Open AI Lab EAIDK-610 is an embedded AI improvement package powered by a Rockchip RK3399 processor, lately added to Linux 6.1 and described as “popularly utilized by college college students” within the kernel changelog.
However I had by no means heard about it, and it seems it’s as a result of it’s widespread with college students in China, and most documentation is written in Chinese language. The event board is supplied with 4GB LPDDR3, a 16GB eMMC flash, HDMI video output, Gigabit Ethernet and WiFi 5, just a few USB ports, a 40-pin GPIO header, and extra.
- SoC – Rockchip RK3399
- System Reminiscence – 4GB LPDDR3
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash and MicroSD card slot
- Video Output
- HDMI 2.0 as much as 4Kp60
- MIPI DSI as much as 1280×720 @ 60 fps
- 4-lane eDP 1.3
- Audio – Speaker header, built-in microphone, 3.5mm audio jack, I2S header, digital audio through HDMI
- Digicam I/F – 2x MIPI CSI as much as 13MP
- Networking – Gigabit Ethernet RJ45, WiFi 5 and Bluetooth 4.1 through Ampak AP6255
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 ports, 2x USB 2.0 ports, 1x USB 3.0 Sort-C port
- Serial – RS232 and RS485 headers
- Enlargement – 40-pin Raspberry Pi-compatible GPIO header with I2C, SPI, UART, ADC, GPIOs
- Debugging – Micro USB port for UART console
- Misc – Reset and Restoration keys, WiFi and Bluetooth LEDs, System LED, RTC
- Energy provide – 12V/2A through DC jack
- Dimensions – 150 x 75 mm
The EAIDK kits used to have an official web site at eaidk dot com, however that’s now down so the documentation is far and wide. There’s an openailab.com web site in Chinese language, however I don’t see something concerning the package. One other web site mentions Fedora 28 and Android 8.1 working methods assist. I may see some coaching supplies from OpenCV China in English on the Hong Kong Baptist College web site utilizing each the EAIDK-610 coated right here and the Raspberry Pi-sized EAIDK-310 powered by a Rockchip RK3228H processor.
The Linux 6.1 patch was examined on Armbian and Glodroid with HDMI, GPU, USB HOST, Sort-C ADB, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth working. The EAIDK-610 improvement package just isn’t formally supported in Armbian, however assist is out there by means of a Gitee repository.
The board was offered in a package with a show, an acrylic case, an influence adapter, and a USB cable. Whereas it’s good to have one other Rockchip RK3399 platform (partially) supported in mainline Linux, the EAIDK-600 is a minimum of 3 to 4 years outdated, and it’s unclear whether or not the corporate/group behind the mission nonetheless exists. Some samples are nonetheless apparently obtainable on Taobao, which once more asks me to log in with a cell phone quantity simply to verify the product data…
Jean-Luc began CNX Software program in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, earlier than quitting his job as a software program engineering supervisor, and beginning to write day by day information, and evaluations full time later in 2011.